Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Call me immature of you must, but since this is my 69th post, I have to laugh. *LOLs* OK, back to business. It just occurred to me that my picture in the "Elias is out" post, the X-ed out players made an "L" as if it was warning my as to what was coming. *Note to self- Next time, make it a "W"* And I also need to be reminded to never wear my Brodeur shirt. I had it on in the first, then I changed into my Parise jersey, and Marty's game improved. And Zach's was still awesome, so it worked out. Aside from the 1 goal we couldn't get..

With that said, here's a little something for Lou:
THINGS TO IMPROVE UPON FOR GAME 2:

1- Marty. He sucked tonight. End of story. I love him, but he was just plain bad. Not the Marty I'm used to and enjoy seeing.

2- The Defense. Brian Rafalski, that means you. Again, I love Raffy, but he sucked. He was responsible for about 1/2 of our many turnovers. Which brings me to my next point.

3- The turnovers. Is it just me, or were there more turnovers just in the 1st then there were in the entire regular season? That's gotta stop.

4- The penalties. So four penalties isn't that bad. Unless they're stupid ones, and you let the Sens score on two of them. Not acceptable. Now, you can't blame the Devils, because who knows how this game would have turned out had the refs not missed several calls against Ottawa, but the PK needs improvement.

5- The PP. I'm not expecting them to score 10 PPGs on 3 PPs, but one would have been nice. Almost as nice as setting up an attack would have been. I swear, they, like the Bolts, were nearly setting up an attack on our power play! That was almost as bad as that SHG we gave up.

6- The lines. What were they thinking, putting Rass on the first line? Why not just stick Janssen on there? Or better yet, Clemmensen. Put my fish, a hobo, anyone but Rass! Sarge plays much better with them then Rass does. Next time Elias or Gio isn't there (which, hopefully, is like, uhm, NEVER), put Rass in Sarge's place on the checking line. And leave him there! Putting Sergei on the 4th line would not only create a 4th line that would get more ice time and (possibly) produce more scoring, but give the checking line more..checking! Brylin isn't much of a hitter. Personally, I would be much more (afraid? nervous?) if Rass was coming after me, rather than Sarge.

7- The 2nd line. They need more ice time. They can handle it, and they could do something with it.

8- Patrik. Dead or alive, sick or healthy, we need our captain. One thing I noticed about our games without him is that we don't play as well. So to those of you who don't think he deserves that "C," think again.


Surprisingly, there were some bright sides. Like:

1- The 2nd line. 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points. The team only had 12 points. That speaks to me. It better speak to Lou too. That line has serious chemistry. How often do you see Zach score without Jamie or Travis getting an assist? And the same goes for Travis. Him and Zach are like connected or something. Jamie plays well with anybody, but he seems to up Zach and Travis's game. Off topic, but isn't it odd, how when ever Zach or Travis scores, not only does the other usually get an assist, you can always find a picture of them together, celebrating, but you rarely see one of Travis and Jamie? It's not too hard to find one of Jamie and Zach, but Jamie and Travis is a whole other story. Of course, you can find a picture of Zach celebrating with anyone. But it's weird that they never seem to take any of T&J.

2- Gomer and Gio. Regardless of how much better they (and the rest of the team) plays with him, they were pretty awesome, with 1 goal and 2 assists.

3- Greene. That kid is too good to be true. He not only can score, but he can hit and block shots. And he has a very fast shot. He can shoot over 95 MPH. I guess that's why all of his goals always come from (around) center ice. He's like Fulton Reed from the Mighty Ducks. They see his shot coming, and they run. Although Andy's yet to break the net. Or somebody.

4-The heart everyone played with after the first. Well, most of them. The 2nd line, as usual, seemed to have most of it, but they didn't quit when it looked like they had no way to win. They didn't win, but they played amazingly. With a few exceptions.

5- The comeback. How they managed to be down 4-0 and make it a one-goal game is just..great (I can't think of another word for awesome, and I've been informed that I over use that. But when you're awesome, you're awesome..). If our offense can keep that up (minus the 10 missed scoring chances) and the D and Marty can do what they did in games 5 and 6 of Round 1, we'd be unbeatable. Maybe not unbeatable. But close to it.


With that being said, someone make sure Louie Lams reads this. In Lou we trust, but sometimes, his decisions are questionable. Not saying I miss Julien, but I can't help but wonder how different some of this would be had he not been fired. Would we have won in 5, or maybe 7, instead of 6? Would we have not even won that series? What about our regular season games without him? Would we have won them? Would Marty have played the last game? Who knows. All I know is
GO DEVILS!

No comments: