Thursday, April 26, 2007

I hate the Senators.

A lot. Notice I said Senators, not Ottawa. Nothing against the place, just the team. Although, I did like seeing them have a 4-0 lead, only to win it 5-4. That was kind of funny. Yeah, prepare for a very biased, angry recap. Don't worry, when the Devils win, it won't be (as) biased or angry.

After Marty gave up 4 first period goals, Travis Zajac got us on the board, with his first ever playoff goal at 17:38, about a minute after Marty gave up goal numero four..0. Jamie Langenbrunner and Zach Parise got the assists. The next two goals were Devils goals as well, from Brian Gionta (2:20, 2nd, from Scott Gomez and Paul Martin) and Andy Greene (4:47, Langenbrunner and Parise). Then the Senators made it 5-3. That sucked. Parise made the game look less embarrassing at 19:30 of the 3rd, when he made it 4-5, with a goal from Gomez and Brian Rafalski. Although I'm not happy at all that we lost, I have to admit, I was kind of laughing at the score. Have the Devils even ever been leading 4-0, and then ended up winning 5-4? Oh, and BTW, I don't like emery, and I take back everything I ever said about him having skill.

3 (Devils) Stars:
#3- Zajac (1st playoff goal)
#2- Langenbrunner (2 assists)
#1- Parise (1g, 2a)



Elias didn't play, as I said about 50 million times before, and, while there was a lot of line switching, Rasmussen took his place, and Clarkson played on the 4th line (for the most part). It seemed like we were on the PK a lot more then 4 times, and it didn't seem like we had 3 PPs either. Whatever. Great game, yeah yeah.

Marty sucked, our defense sucked, and our offense, eh, it wasn't that bad. Hopefully they'll use this as a learing experience and strike on Saturday. I'm not in the mood to rant and rage and complain and bash Ottawa (although there were at least 3 missed calls against them). We sucked, the end. Just pray that not only do we not suck Saturday, but that Patty's back. Peace, and go feed your fish.

No comments: