Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sabres vs rangers: Game 1

Final Score: 5-2, Sabres. Since the 3rd began, marcel hossa got the rags on the board and made it 3-1. 3:03 later, the Sabres regained their 3 goal lead when Jason Pominville got his 3rd goal of the playoffs from Jochen Hecht and Daniel Briere. Ex-Devil brendan shanahan gave them hope again at 19:12, and they pulled ol' lundo, for some reason thinking that they could score twice on the Sabres in :48. Drew Stafford showed them how wrong they were 32 seconds later, with the empty netter. Dainius Zubrus and Toni Lydman picked up the assists.

I don't care if you called this biased or not, but what was jagr thinking, trying to defend against Stafford after he shot that puck at the empty net, about 3 feet away from it? Common sense would have said to block the shot, instead of going after the guy when the damage was already done.


[Previous Coverage]
As the second period comes to an end , the Sabres are leading 3-0, thanks to Thomas Vanek's PPG from Dmitri Kalinin and Derek Roy at 14:19, and Ales Kotalik's full strenght goal from Adam Mair 2 minutes later. Vanek netted the third goal also, at 18:24 from Henrik Tallinder and Teppo Numminen. Yeah, I'm working on new ways to word that, because it's even starting to bore me. Anyway (yep, that's over used too), more to come. After the game.

^I told you this wouldn't be biased. I didn't write about how much I hate the rags or how much they suck. And this is a side note, so it doesn't count as part of the recap. That is, let me pretend it doesn't.


Oh, and there was a reason I didn't just do this all at the end. I felt the need to comment on the fact that ever since (I believe it was) Dan McGillis got called for "closing his hand on the puck," I've been seeing people get called for that so often, it's driving me crazy. Maybe it's because I really didn't pay too much attention to what every penalty was for up until recently, but I don't recall ever seeing anyone called for that until that one time. Now, like I said, I'm seeing players getting called for it more than not. It's almost as crazy as I am.

No comments: