Sunday, April 1, 2007

So as I sit here, procrastinating..

Well, I finished an essay and my book report, and the rest can be handed in on Tuesday, so, while I procrastinate, you lucky duckies (I have the Mighty Ducks on my mind) finally get that game recap I know you've all been waiting for.

Devils iron man Jay Pandolfo opened the scoring at 2:09 in the first, with a wrist shot from Erik Rasmussen and John Madden. The Bruins were on the power play for about 45 seconds, with Patrik Elias in the box for hooking, when they got called on a penalty of their own, but in the 45 seconds of PP time both teams had, no scoring got done for the rest of the 1st, even when the Devils were on the PP again.

The Bruins tied the game at 8:11 with a PPG, but the Devils answered with a PPG of their own from Brian Gionta, at 11:29, when he got the rebound of a slapshot from Zach Parise (Brian Rafalski got the other assist). That was the end of the scoring in the second, with boston sucessful on 1 of 2 PPs, and the Devils 1/3 (the 3rd was carries over to the 3rd).

Jay Pandolfo struck again at 14:18 of the 3rd, a wrist shot, with assists from the Mad Dog and Rasmussen (does that line work well together or what?). Marty Brodeur had 17 saves, and is now 1 win shy of Bernie Parent's league-leading 47 wins in a season. So if, no, when we win on Tuesday, he'll have tied it, and hopefully, on Thursday, he'll break it, in Philly, which is the team Parent played on when he set the record.

3 STARS:
3- Brian Rafalski
2- Brian Gionta
1- Jay Pandolfo

I agree, except I would have out Parise as #3 instead of Rafalski. I'm not happy unless someone from the PZL line is one of the 3 stars


NOTES:
Well, there's the Brodeur thing right there..Zach Parise extended his point-streak to 6 games, with 3g, 4a. Brian Rafalski's assists set a new career-high 53 points for him. Brian Gionta is now tied with Jamie Langenbrunner for most PPGs on the Devils (11), and is second in goals (25, 6 behind Zach Parise). gomez missed the game with a bruised thigh, as did Cam Janssen, for general soreness. That kinda sucked. Travis Zajac's 8 game point-streak ended, and is tied for second (with rookies on the Devils) with gomez's (in 1999) and Kevin Todd (1992). And, like I said, Tuesday's recap won't be posted until Wednesday afternoon, since I'll be at the game. I know, it's a lame excuse, but I probably won't get back until after 12, and there's no way I'll be able to do it without having someone come in and unplug my computer because "it's too late to be up on a school night."
But it should be posted byt 3 Wednesday afternoon, the latest.

No comments: