Thursday, April 5, 2007

Ahh, a win.

Before I get all..whatever. Congrats to Marty on win nomero 48. He definitly deserved that win. 34 saves, most of which were absolutely amazing.

So the Phailures took the lead 1:05 into the 1st. That wasn't exactly what I had expected to happen. Fortunately, the Devils had Jamie Langenbrunner who was on a 15 game scoring drought fighting to break that, and he scored his 23rd of the season (12th PPG) and tied it up at 16:58. The Devils were on the PP 3 times that period, and were only short handed once.

Now, the 2nd and 3rd periods quite possibly showed some of the dirtiest hockey I've ever seen. One thing I really didn't like was that elbow on Travis Zajac, which should have been a minor, if not a double minor, since it was not only illegal, but he was hurt because of it. Then less then a minute later, Zach Parise barely touched a guy, and was sent to the box. Fortunately, the phailures didn't score on that, or I think I would have..I won't say, but trust me, you wouldn't have wanted to be near me.

In the 2nd, the phailures took the lead again at 9:27. Sergei Brylin tyed it up with another PPG (16g, 7PPG), and again, that was the end of the scoring. Devils were 1/3 on the PP again, while the phailures were 0/2. There was a 4 on 4 after Mike Rupp beat the crap out of some guy.

The 3rd wasn't as dirty, but it wasn't exactly clean. Devils were 0/1 on the PP, but Jimmy Dowd scored a SHG, his 1st SHG, and 4th g this season. That was the game winner. So..yeah.

ASSISTS:
Patrik Elias, Brian Rafalski (Langenbrunner)
Andy Greene, Zach Parise (Brylin)
Brylin (Dowd)

3 STARS:
3- Jamie Langenbrunner
2- upshall (philly)
1- Marty Brodeur

Again, screw upshall, Brylin deserved the 2nd star. If you ask me, 1g, 1a is better then 1a.

NOTES:
Brian Gionta and Cam Janssen both missed the game, but they both should be playing on Sunday, along with Rickard Matvichuk. All three made the trip to philly, but none played. Brodeur now holds the record for most wins in a regular season, which is obviously a career high for him. Brian Rafalski now has an 8 game point streak. I think that's it..

Now for those pics I promised yesterday..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: