Friday, April 6, 2007

Playoff Thoughts

Well, as the playoffs draw nearer, I've been thinking (surprise!) about who I would most like to see the Devils play in the first round (if you're one of the people who's already heard this a million times, bare with me). The Canadiens would definitly have been my first choice, but thanks to a nasty loss to the rags last night, that's not happening. So no big deal. The rags would be my second choice. I always enjoy a good laugh after seeing their unusually large, ugly rear ends handed to them by the Devils after a nice whooping. Now the only other possibility would be the Lightening, if they lose their next game (which happens to be their last), or if the rags, by some miracle, beat the pens tomorrow. That was totally my last choice. But then, the unthinkable happened. I actually thought about it, and realized that both of the games we lost to them in regualtion, John Madden missed. Actually, in one of the games he got wacked in the face with the puck, but he still didn't have as much ice time as usual, and his face was just gross. And he didn't exactly play his best, but who could, with a big gash under their eye and cotton stuffed up their nose. And the other loss we had to them came in a shoot out. So the way I see it, if Madden can not injure himself now till the end of the playoffs, the chances of us winning the cup are like, increadibly high. Of course, I'm not saying we can only depend on Madden, but he plays a big part in the games, no matter how little he scores. As long as we have him, Gionta, and Janssen (someone needs to rough the other teams up a little bit) in the line up through most/all of the playoffs, they might as well just start preparing the cup for us now, because it's as good as ours.

This picture is yummy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: