Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Devils win, and Brodeur ties record

So, I lied. I said 3 today, and here it is, 3:15, and I'm just sitting down to write this. But oh well. You should just be glad I actually do this ('cause there totally aren't 5 million other sites that do recaps of Devils games and all that). But first, I heard something really funny today. Some kid thinks that craplanders will beat the Devils on Sunday. I actually started laughing..anyway..

So the game was scoreless until 10:15 when John Madden scored his 10th of the season, a tip in from Brian Rafalski. :21 later, before the crowd calmed down, the Senators tied it up, costing Brodeur a shutout and the Devils a regualtion win. So now I guess I don't need to say that it went to OT. But it did. And nothing happened in OT, so, of course, it lead to the dreaded shootout. That was a bit of a nail biter, since Brian Gionta was smacked in the foot with the puck in the 3rd. He got of the ice himself, but was taken out of the arena in a wheel chair. The x-rays on his foot came back negative, thank God. Hopefully the little man will be back tomorrow. And hopefully Janssen will join him.

Now, the shootout. One of my least favorite points of hockey. Zach Parise (sniff), Travis Zajac (sniff), and Patrik Elias (sniff, but no surprise) weren't sucessful, but, luckily, either were any of the Senators. The Sens scored on their next two shots, but fortunately, Jamie Langenbrunner (yayy) and Sergei Brylin (didn't see that coming). Brodeur stopped the next shot, and it was all up to Madden. If he didn't score, the Devils would most likely lose. So as I stood there, legs shaking, expecting the worst, the Mad Dog scored, and the Devils won, giving them a 3 point lead over the Penguimps, and giving Marty his 47th win of the season, which tied the all time wins record. And there's a 99.9999999999999999999999% chance he'll break that record in Philthadelphia tomorrow. That's exciting. (Marty had 22 saves in the game).

3 STARS:
3- emery (sens)
2- Brodeur
1- Madden
See, for number 3, I would have put Rafalski, for continuing his point streak, which is now up to 7 games. And with that, I give to you some notes..

Let's see..There's Rafalski's streak, Gio's injury..Parise's 6 game point streak was snapped. Cam Janssen and gomez both missed the game..Matvichuk didn't play, which leads me to think he'll play on Sunday..I think that's it..

Peace till tomorrow, when you'll get a recap (on time!!) and 2 awesome pics (one for last night and one for tomorrow).

No comments: