Saturday, April 7, 2007

I need to rant.

Feel free to skip over this, but I need to rant, and I can't find either one of my cats, and my fish and the rest of my family don't care.

I'm so sick of Lowell's choices when it comes to who they play. I know a lot of you will disagree with most of this, but I'm entitled to my own opinion, as are you. Players like Nicklas Bergfors, Rod Pelley and even Chris Minard are completely underrated, while players like Barry Tallackson and Tuomas Pihlman are kind of overrated. And as I'm typing this, Pelley won a faceoff, and they Devils are on a 5 on 3. Anyway, it's kind of like Janssen. Maybe they would put up better numbers if they played a little more.

And then there's the increadibly overrated Mike Mottau on defense. Granted, I do hate him because of some nasty comments he made about Janssen, but he's still so overrated. Dan McGillis, yeah, he does get some credit, but I don't think he gets as much as he deserves. And the fact that they keep signing all these rookies and never play them gets to me too. Look at Zach Tarkir. They signed him, what, a month ago, and he's only played in 2 games. Don't sign them if they're not gonna play.

Now for my biggest rant. I'm so freaking sick of them acting like Frank Doyle is God. Yeah, sure, he does have more wins and a lower GAA than Jordan Parise, but maybe that wouldn't be the case if Jordan didn't play most of the 1st place teams, while Doyle was playing the last place teams. How is the rookie supposed to beat the better teams in the league, while doyle can barely win when he plays them? If you look at the stats, Jordan wins a higher percent of his games then Doyle, too. I hate to say it, but I'd rather have some of these players on other teams where at least their talent would be appreciated. And trust me, there are more players that I feel are over/underrated, but really don't feel like listing them all.

Now I hate to say this too, but I think I'd rather have the Devils lose tonight and fall farther out of the playoffs then have them prasing Doyle liek he's God.

And congrats to Rod Pelley who just scored his 15th of the season from 2 other rather underrated players, Ryan Murphy and Mark Fraser, and gave the Devils a 1-0 lead. And way to go, Clarkson, for not scoring on that break away. But it's ok, I still love you.

No comments: