Tuesday, May 1, 2007

..Who..?

Just out of curiosity, who is Paul White? I was cutting out the articles on the Devils from Sunday's Bergen Record, and something caught my eye. It said, and I quote:
"This time, defensemen Paul White and Richard Matvichuk failed to level Heatley.." (It's not my fault that's the sentence it was in.)
Had I not seen Matvichuk there, I would have assumed there's a Paul White on the Senators. Could it have been a typo? Yes, since the two previous sentences were about Colin White. But even I proof read my writing (though it is hard to tell sometimes), and my writing isn't even published (surprising, right?). Normally, I would have let it slide, but the girl who wrote the article made another error by stating that Langenbrunner's goal was unassisted. Big deal. A lot of breakaways are unassisted, right? Right. But I've noticed, in reading several other articles, that she makes mistakes like that all the time. If the girl wasn't clearly a Devils fan, I would probably written a letter complaining about it instead of wasting your time writing this. I've said it before, no one's perfect, but at least proof read, especially if you know your writing's gonna be read by thousands of people. And if that tying goal "sucked the life out of the arena," we were watching a different game. I wasn't there, but the fans never seemed to lose their enthusiasm at any point of that game.

I bet you anything there are a ton of typos in here that are gonna make me look like a huge hypocrite, but hey. At least I'll admit it. Till tomorrow, my friends.

No comments: