Thursday, May 3, 2007

Dude, that's harsh.

I know Elias has been (chose one: wretched, sucky, lame, horrible, a disgrace, just plain bad) in the playoffs, but some people are blowing this way out of proportion. Just because he hasn't been his best lately doesn't mean the guy needs to be chained up and put away, or worse, be stripped of Stevens' "C". Yeah, he hasn't been the best captain (so it seems), but who do we have to compare him to? The only guy I can really think of is Scott Stevens. We were lucky to have such an amazing player and captain for so long, we took it for granted, and now people are calling for Patrik's head. Give the guy a break. He missed half of last season, and about 8 games this season, due to illness and injury. I've seen all of these guys play better, and no one wants to see any of them gone (with the exception of Madden). Which brings me to another point. Madden's been (chose one of the above) too, but wanting the guy gone is a bit too extreme don't you think? Pelley does a good job of taking his place, but until Madden's retired, I don't see him being replaced by anyone.

I'm getting way off track here, but, don't get me wrong, I love Parise, but give him a few more years until he's an alternate, let alone captain.

Oh, and can someone please tell me when White started wearing the "A"? Wasn't it Langenbrunner all season? Now all of a sudden it's White? When did this happen? I'm not even joking, can someone please tell me when this happened?

No comments: