Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This one's for the team.

Here's the deal: Either the guys step it up tonight, or we're screwed.

That doesn't just go for Marty, and Gomer, and Oduya. That goes for the whole team. Through the whole series so far, Zach and Andy seem to be the only ones actually playing. Except for the first game, everyone else has been lame. The EGG line played great in game 1. I'd like to see that again. Our defense, with the exception of Greene, is slacking. I don't expect them to score (although it would be nice), but at least get the puck out of the zone or to someone who can do something with it *cough*Zach*cough.* And I'm sure no one's happy with Marty's performance. Yeah, the D could be helping him out a little more, but when a team that really only has 3 good players and a goalie who's playing in his 1st playoff series can beat you, you know soemthing's up.

Now, back to the offense. Our checking line needs to, I don't know, CHECK some more? Seriously guys! Ok, they can shut down lecavs and the lame marty, but that's not gonna do too much when they can't get the puck out of our zone, or really score. There's no way we can shut them down completely, so give them a little less ice time and put the 1st and 2nd lines on more. Regardless of who's on the ice from tampa, they can keep the puck out of their zone and score with it. I'd rather have them win like 6-5 or something then lose 3-2. I don't know what they're thinking, but being able to keep tampa down to 3 goals a game isn't too good when we can only score 3 because of the lack of ice time our offensive offense is getting.

With that, I'm off to make brownies. And hopefully next time I post, I won't be whining about a loss or ranting about how horribly we're playing.

No comments: