Friday, April 20, 2007

4/20: Game 5

[8:07] Game time!! Well, I'm a little late, but get over it. About 5 minutes gone in the 2nd, and it's 1-0 Devils with Andy Greene's first playoff goal (congrats, Andy!!) at 12:46 from Mike Rupp and Scott Gomez. Let's see..there's the million awesome saves by Brodeur, a nice block from Richard Matvichuk that would have resulted in a goal had he not been there. A nice hit by Rasmussen right now, and 2 usuless PPs for the Devils. Not to mention that short handed breakaway by Johnny Madden that almost resulted in a goal. A little higher and he could have had it. Oh well. We still killed it off. But this has been a rather exciting game so far. 14 saves from Marty to homqvist's 5. I'm liking this game so far, except for the lack of ice time Zach's getting. And all those playoff beard are just plain awesome. I'll be back when something *good* happens.

[8:17] After Jamie needs to get a new stick during a faceoff and ticks the refs off, just a little, tampa gets a shot in which Marty covers, and Travis starts some crap with a bolt. I love hockey. But I don't like the lack of the Zach attack.
Aaannndddd a deflection off holmquist and THEY SCORE!! Brian Gionta!! From Gomez and Rafakski at 9:59 of the 2nd!! 2-0 Devils. Zach next?

[8:32] Nice crap call on Martin, refs. Now, is it just me, or do their PPs seem to last longer? At least our PK isn't bad. And thank you, refs, for evening it up, and missing that call on Matty. 4 on 4 for 26 seconds, then a PP for 1:34. Let's go guys!! And I can't say this enough: I WANT ZACH!! Come on, Lou.

[9:41] Whoo!! 31 save shutout for Brodeur. Or more like 25 if you count all those saves the goal post had. Either way, good game. Gomer sealed the win at 18:13 with an empty netter from Captain Elias.

9 penalties were called from 18:27 till the end, so I don't know how that played out. We were on the PP for like a minute at the end, though. We killed off 3 penalties, and couldn't score on any of our 4 PPs. So yeah..White missed the game, and Clarkson was called up, but didn't play. Hopefully both will play on Sunday. BTW, the game's on NBC at 1 on Sunday, incase you didn't hear.

3 STARS (from yahoo):
#3- Gio
#2- Greene
#1- Marty

I would have said:
#3- Andy/Gomer (they would both be a good choice, right?)
#2- Marty
#1- The goal post, who I shall nick name the awesome one.

With that, I'll be back Sunday. Unless something big happens, like someone, like, I don't know.

No comments: