Sunday, May 6, 2007

So long, Continental.

25 years and 7 months after it started, it's all over. Never again will the Devils play at Continental Airlines Arena. Oh my, I'm ready to cry. I'm not even gonna do the whole recap thing, just a box score type thing.

GOALS:
1st:
Scott Gomez, wrist shot from Patrik Elias and Paul Martin (6:59)
2nd:
No one cares.
3rd:
Gomez, wrist shot from John Madden and Zach Parise
Final: 2-3.

(My)THREE STARS:
#3-Parise
#2- Brodeur
#1- Gomez


So..yeah. Gomez made it pretty clear that he doesn't wanna stay with the Devils next season, and I doubt Clemmensen will stay, if he gets an offer anywhere else. I think Rafalski will stay. He seemed like he wanted to. I don't know about the rest of them, though.

After the post game last night, I hate that ranger worshipping stan fischler more than ever. For those of you that didn't see it, he flat out said Clemmensen sucks. And he wasn't exactly nice about some of the other players. He pretty much dissed Elias right to his face, too. Patrik really didn't have a bad series. Things just didn't go his way. It happened to everyone. As if jagr's a good captain anyway. Someone hits one of his teammates so instead of hitting them back, he goes and lectures their bench. What's wrong with him? If your teammate is incompetent and can't hit back himself, don't (basically) make your team shorthanded. Do what Rupp would do and beat the crap out of them (even though the Devils usually have the sense to hit back themselves).


I still can't believe it. We were one goal away from forcing it into OT. And with the exception of a few crap goals, Marty was amazing. It's sad how this came down to which goalie was better, but the better one didn't win. Nothing went our way. The entires series was decided by unlucky bounces garbage calls.

Since I can't bear to not write about hockey until october, I'll be posting recaps of other games and news and all that stuff. And I'll be doing a Devil of the week thing, where I'll post that stats from this season and profile of a Devil once a week (probably Mondays or whenever I post the Lowell moments thing). Till next October, my friends. Actually, until the Sabres/rangers game is over. Then till Monday. So I won't be gone too long.

No comments: