Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bitter much?

Does Ray emery ever smile? Pictures, during games, after games..I've never seen a smile cross that man's face. Maybe he knew he would be down 2-0 in the series against the Ducks? Yep, Jean Sebastien Giguere had an excellent game, and the Ducks won the game 1-0 and increased their lead in the series. Samuel Pahlsson scored the only goal.

I believe I had a point, other then pointing out emery's bitterness. Ah, yes. I've brought up the backups many times,
just like my desire to have Sykora and Neidermayer back, and, well, I feel it needs to be done again. I've said it before that I don't want Clemmensen to go. I think I've also made it pretty clear that if we can't find a decent UFA to do it, I'd pick Jordan Parise over Frank Doyle any day, even if I was in a coma. The only goalie aside from the two listed above that I like is Giguere, now that Holmqvist is with the Bolts. Unfortunately, he's too good to be a backup, and the Ducks will probably manage to keep him under their wings (get it? Ducks? Wings? I quack myself up..). Enough with the stupid jokes, I like Giguere. Maybe we can steal him and give them Gomez in exchange. It could happen.

As I've sid many times before, though, the lack of games Clemmensen played will effect both what he can get and who would want to sign with us. I feel bad for Clemmensen. He's just not as good as Marty. There's nothing wrong with making $450, 000 a season to sit on the bench and play a handful of games, but sitting there so long must be horrible for his confidence, which is why I'd be happier to see him go somewhere else and actually play.

No comments: