Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I lied again.

Well, I said I would only do a recap of the Lowell game if they won, and they didn't, but it was just such a horrible game, I couldn't help myself.

Where to begin..That wretched attempt at goaltending by Doyle, of the lack of offense that seems to be contagious with the Devils..I think I'll start with the lack of scoring, just so you can stop reading once I start bashing Doyle.

So, the little Devils had 2 amazing scoring chances in the 1st, but only scored one goal, Chris Minard's team-leading 30th goal of the season, from Mark Fraser and Alexz Brooks at 9:28. Grant Marshall and David Clarkson missed on golden opportunities, and the 1st ended 1-0. Lowell. And then it went down hill. The Sharks scored twice in about a minute and a half (1:14, 2:53) and again at 11:35. They scored 3 more times in the 3rd, and after the 1st, I shut it off. But they scored 3 times in a ten minute span to expand the lead to 6-1. But at least they had the sense to not pull Doyle, of that would have ended worse then the St Patty's day game.

Now you can stop reading (especially if you're a fan of Doyle). I just need to rant.
I really can't stand him. He's not very good, especially compared to JP. Yeah, even if JP was worse, I would probably still like him better, because he's Zach's brother, but still. Go compare Jordan's stats to Doyle's, and look to see which teams who played against. Parise's played18 less games, and most of the teams he's played were better then most of the ones Doyle's played, and he only has 4 less wins. Yeah, his GAA isn't as good, but that's it. He won a higher percentage of games then Doyle, and, like I said, had played better teams, and he's a rookie. And keep in mind that their save % is nearly the same, due to Doyle's wonderful performance tonight (6 goals against on 27 shots). If they really want to get into the playoffs so badly, I strongly suggest they start JP in at least 2 of their last 3 games. That's all.

No comments: