Friday, March 30, 2007

Finally, a win at home.

I was kinda starting to think they forgot how to do that.

So scoreless game going into the 2nd, with about 10 amazing scoring chances for the failures, just in the first, but Brodeur's awesome, so they had nothing. Janssen beat the crap outta some kid, but that's not really a surprise, now is it?

As usual, my feelings were right. At around 18 into the 2nd, I thought the Devils were gonna score, and it was gonna be someone who doesn't score too much. Sure enough, at 18:40, Mike Rupp scored his 6th of the season from Brad Lukowich (saw that coming) and Andy Greene. A minute and 10 seconds later (19:50, for those of you who suck at math like I do), Travis Zajac netted his 17th of the season (6th PPG) from Zach Parise and Brian Rafalski. Again, I had said at the beginning of the game he would continue his point scoring streak (which is now 8 games), and that Brad Lukowich, the flyer killer, would have either a goal or an assist. Anyway, enough of you hearing about my awesomeness and back to the game.

2-0 into the 3rd, until 14:03 when the failures decided to score. And those silly geese actually thought they could score again and at least go into OT. But, they were wrong, as usual, and Jay Pandolfo score the empty netter (11th of the season) from Colin White. Now, back to my awesomeness. I knew Brodeur would almost get yet another shutou, and sure enough, he did. But all those amazing saves he had made up for that crap goal.

As surprising as this may sound, I was *gulps* wrong about one thing. I was almost positive Elias would have a goal or an assist, but i was wrong. And I have some more good/bad news. Johnny Madden returned today, but what did that mean for David Clarkson? Yep. Bye bye, David. Hope to see you again. On a brighter note (again), Brian Gionta is expected to return on Sunday. I was excited about that.

3 Stars (from the actual game):
3- gag me, er, gagne (phailures) (1g)
2- Zajac (1g)
1- Rupp (1g)

The real 3 Stars (mine):
3- Rupp (1g)
2- Brodeur (45th win of the season)
1- Zajac (1g, 8 game pt streak)

No comments: