Thursday, July 12, 2007

New Coach?

UPDATE: According to TSN, the Devils will be announcing Sutter as their new coach today.

Now to get off topic. Souray signed with the Oilers for 5.5 mil. a season for 5 seasons, with a NMC for the first three years.

It's awesome," Devils winger Zach Parise said. "I'm pretty excited about it. He coached Team Canada in the world juniors. Travis (Zajac), who was trying out, said a lot of guys liked him. I think this is great for us."

Judging by that quote, I think it's safe to say Parise is/will resign(ed).


Rumors are flying around that Brent Sutter will be the Devils' new coach. He previously coached junior team the Red Deer, and was apparently a favorite of Lou's for the position for the past few coach hunts. This dude had her heart set on Pat Bruns, but Sutter is, supposedly, the same hard core type of coach, and is good from kids. Kids as in younger players. I'm not saying it's definite, and I won't until I see it from a reliable source, like TSN or the Devils site. After the Souray ordeal, I'm not believing anything until it's made official, again, by a reliable source (NHL Line doesn't count).

No comments: