Sunday, March 4, 2007

Guess who's back...

Back, back...back again...GIO'S BACK!!! Back...back again.
I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Anyway...


It's true!!! The Newark Star Leger has reported that Brian Gionta is in fact back, and will be playing tonight. However, Jimmy Dowd has the flu, so expect to see another call up from Lowell (I'm guessing Pelley).


Welcome back, Gio, and get well soon, Jimmy.


And while I'm doing this, I guess I should do the whole preview thing now.

So tonight we play the Boston Bruins at home.

Devils are have won 2 of their last 4, with points in all but 1, while the Bruins are 1-3 in the last 4. Last night, they had a 3-1 win over Montreal, while the Devils lost their last one 4-3 (SO).

Devils are 1-1 over the Bruins this season (first- 5-1 Devils, second 5-3 Boston). Brodeur had the start in the first, but Clemmensen started the second one (in his defense, Boston had wayy more shots then the Devils and the last goal was an empty-netter).


Patrik Elias leads the Devils against the Bruins, with 2g and 2a. Jamie Langenbrunner also has 2g against Boston, one of which was the game winner on Dec. 9.


My take: The Devils have been hotter then the Bruins lately (but looks aren't everything) and the Bruins just played last night, so we have a good chance. Plus was have our second-leading scorer back (and I as much as I love Zach Parise, I'll admit Gio would have had quite a few more then him, had he not pulled his groin), but still, keep your fingers crossed.


Also, Cam Janssen will miss the next 3 games (tonight, 3/6 @ Philly, 3/8 @ Pittsburgh).

No comments: