Friday, March 2, 2007

3/2 Game Night

So I decided to try my first somewhat in game coverage. Since I've had trouble multitasking lately, I'm doing it between periods.


Final Thought: how many times must I tell them to keep Patrik Elias away from shootouts? If they had listened to me and put Jamie in before Patrik, we could have won it. But no, they just HAD to put Patrik up there. Stupid people. Oh well. Hopefully we'll win the next one. And I'm never gonna say they're most likely gonna win again. Ever.

Final:
Great. Just great. The Devils needed this win. And Marty decides he wants to suck in the 3rd period and the shoot out. So now we're 4 points behind Buffalo (their game's not over, but it's 7-5 Buffalo). And since Buffalo plays Toronto tomorrow we're now gonna be 6 points behind them. Wonderful.


On a somewhat brighter note, Sergei Brylin scored a PPG in the third, tying the game and getting us that one point. Unfortunately, he couldnt be the hero in the shoot out and score.

Where's Gio when you need him?

2nd:
So now it's 2-0 Devils. Brian Rafalski and Patrik Elias got the assists on Jamie Langenbrunner's goal (22nd of the season) at :57 into the 2nd. Jay Pandolfo got the other goal (10th of season) with Colin White and Erik Rasmussen picking up the assists.


So there was some action right near the beginning of the second with Cam Janssen checking what's his name. If you ask me, that dude was being too dramatic. It took like, what, 10 minutes to get him off the ice? I know it must have hurt, but please. Gionta got tripped and then ended up smashing into the boards with his grion already pulled and he didnt have to be dragged off the ice. He got to the bench ok, then walked to the locker room like it was nothing. Well, except for the look on his face. You could tell he was in pain, but at least he didnt get everybody to drag him off (trust me, I was there). I know Cam was a bit late on the hit, but what's his name should have been paying attention and tried to keep his footing. They didn't call a penalty, but Janssen gets a 3 game suspention. That's life.

1st:
No score, but you can't say it was eneventful. Period ended with a powerplay for the Devils that'll be carried over into the second, along with 2 other Devils power plays, which of course, they failed to score in. Not that they didn't try, though. Power plays aren't excatly our strong point. Our penalty kill was good though. After Jamie Langenbrunner was wrongly accused of high sticking (yeah, I know, if it was the other team, I would have said they deserved a major penalty for that, but whatever), we did some damn good penalty killing if I do say so myself. Any way...nothing else happened really...so I lied, this period was somewhat uneventful. But I have to admit, the end was pretty funny. It looked to me like Colin White started that, er, crowd gathering, if you will, and what happened? Devils got a power play. Oh well. Sucks for the Leafs. I loved how White was sitting there smirking at the guys. He was like "haha you guys suck." Almost as priceless as Cam Janssen after that fight on the 14th, or when he was screaming at lundqvist, king of shootouts, after avery started that shit with Marty.


Anyway I'm gonna stop talking now, cuz the second period started and- OHMIZACHPARISEJAMIELANGENBRUNNERJUSTSCORED!!!

Now i'm done. I'll be back in about 20 minutes.

(Thank God my computer's in the living room.)


No comments: